Tag Archives: Hermine

With Threat of Bad Weather, South Boston Moves Races To Sept. 17

SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (September 2, 2016) – With an uncertain weather forecast for the next 24 hours, South Boston Speedway Officials has postponed Saturday night’s racing activities. All of Saturday’s scheduled races will be held Saturday, September 17.

Hard rain from the tropical storm that is moving up the Eastern Seaboard isn’t expected to hit the South Boston area until after midnight tonight and continue into the morning. With the unpredictable movement of the storm and keeping in mind how hard those east of South Boston may get hit, track officials felt it best to make the early decision.

The Late Model twin 75-lap races and the 50-lap Limited races have been added to an already exciting lineup of racing onSeptember 17 that includes a 30-lap Budweiser Pure Stock race and a 15-lap Budweiser Hornet race. Champions will be crowned in all four divisions on that night.

In addition, the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour will be featured in a 150-lap event.

There will be a total of 405 laps of racing.

Advance adult general admission tickets are priced at $10 and may be purchased at the South Boston Speedway office until5 p.m. on Friday, September 16. Adult general admission tickets will be $15 each at the gate on race day. Youth ages 7-12 will be admitted for $5. Kids ages six and under will be admitted free with a paying adult.

Visit Martin County 150 Postponed due to Tropical Storm Hermine Forecast

Robersonville, NC – With Tropical Storm Hermine making landfall earlier this morning down in Florida and making its 18 m.p.h track up the eastern seaboard, NASCAR Officials and East Carolina management have been forced to pull the plug on this weekends inaugural NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour event was scheduled.

Due to the forecast of high winds and heavy rain fall slated to hit the town of Robersonville, North Carolina this evening and into the afternoon tomorrow, the powers to be have rescheduled the race for Sunday, September 11th. All support classes, Late Models, Street Stocks, Super Streets and Bando’s will be rescheduled for that day as well.

“With the forecast looking the way it does and the amount of rainfall we have already received and expected to get, it just wanst feasible to run the show this weekend,” ECMS Promoter John Vick told The Weekly Racer. “We thought about running the event this Sunday but feel the track and our infield may not be dry enough.” No official word has been made from track officials if any of the divisions or race length will be changed for next Sundays race but we will be sure to let you know here or our Facebook page if anything changes.