Category Archives: Short Track Report
Email the show with your thoughts on the new format changes coming to NASCAR at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter (@shorttrackrpt) leave us a message there!
Intro: 2017 iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona
NASCAR Makes Huge Changes to Raceday Format
· Races will now consist of three stages, with championship implications in each stage.
· The top-10 finishers of the first two stages will be awarded additional championship points.
· The winner of the first two stages of each race will receive one playoff point, and the race winner will receive five playoff points. Each playoff point will be added to his or her reset total following race No. 26, if that competitor makes the playoffs.
· All playoff points will carry through to the end of the third round of the playoffs (Round of 8), with the Championship 4 racing straight-up at Homestead-Miami Speedway for the title.
· Championship points following the first two stages will be awarded on a descending scale, with the stage winner receiving 10 points, second receiving 9 points, and so on.
· The race winner following the final stage will now receive 40 points, second-place will receive 35, third-place 34, fourth-place 33, and so on.
Coming up: We talk with Chris Ragle from the CARS Tour. Spotter Anthony Warren as well as a few drivers from the Ice Breaker at Myrtle Beach.
Ep. 02: NASCAR Top Touring Series – Whelen Mods and K&N East/West
Things we learned from the first episode. How to get in touch with us via Twitter (@shorttrackrpt)
2) Topics: Touring Series Schedules – Whelen Mods & KN East
South series was dissolved, NASCAR running a unified tour
19 total races, 17 championship race across 7 states. Kicks off March 18th @ MBSpeedway wraps up Oct 15th @ Thompson.
Two “non-points” events through the year. New Hampshire & Charlotte
More year-end payout w/ combined series. $500k points money at year end. $230k in owner plan
2. K&N East
Each tour will host 14 points paying races at 13 tracks
Kicks off Feb 19 @ New Smyrna during World Series of Asphalt racing and concludes Sept 29 @ Dover
Each series will have twin events on the same day. East: SoBo T100 & West: Irwindale T100
The tour tours will meet again in Iowa (combined points – Gilliland)
3 Next Up:
- New Year
- Williamston Indoor Nationals in Carolina
Ep. 01: Welcome to The Short Track Report
1) Intro: Special thanks to @ericdoesvoices
2) Welcome to the show (this section will be labled Catching up after first episode)
– What the podcast will be about.
– How often we will podcast.
– General show format: Catching up, Topic of the show, Where to next.
– Disclaimers on status in the “business”
3) Host Introductions: Who we are.
4) Discussion Topic(s)
– 2017 CARS Tour Schedule
– Short Track Nationals
– Snowball Derby
5) Where to next:
– How to reach out to us
+ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Next Episode Topic: NASCAR Touring Series Schedules