Doug Barnes, Jr. heads down the front stretch at Dominion Raceway located in Thornburg, VA. Barnes has already collected two wins on the season. (Justin Kern/TheWeeklyRacer.com)
We are finally back in the saddle or behind the microphone to catch you up on all that has happened the last few months. Make sure to leave us an iTunes review or send us an email and let us know how we are doing or chime in with a story from your race weekend. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you follow us on Twitter to stay up to date when new episodes are released.
Tyler Hughes and Tim Allensworth split the bill at Southern National in their rescheduled, Sunday season opener.
To Wrap things up we talk about the CARS Tour Duel races at Dominion Raceway where two new Late Model winners were crowned (after the disqualification and suspension of race two winner Jeff Oakley) as well as a dominating performance from Brandon Setzer who locked himself into the Short Track Nationals at Bristol with his two wins.
Email the show with your thoughts on the new format changes coming to NASCAR at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter (@shorttrackrpt) leave us a message there!
Intro: 2017 iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona
NASCAR Makes Huge Changes to Raceday Format
· Races will now consist of three stages, with championship implications in each stage. · The top-10 finishers of the first two stages will be awarded additional championship points. · The winner of the first two stages of each race will receive one playoff point, and the race winner will receive five playoff points. Each playoff point will be added to his or her reset total following race No. 26, if that competitor makes the playoffs. · All playoff points will carry through to the end of the third round of the playoffs (Round of 8), with the Championship 4 racing straight-up at Homestead-Miami Speedway for the title. · Championship points following the first two stages will be awarded on a descending scale, with the stage winner receiving 10 points, second receiving 9 points, and so on. · The race winner following the final stage will now receive 40 points, second-place will receive 35, third-place 34, fourth-place 33, and so on.
Coming up: We talk with Chris Ragle from the CARS Tour. Spotter Anthony Warren as well as a few drivers from the Ice Breaker at Myrtle Beach.
2) Welcome to the show (this section will be labled Catching up after first episode)
– What the podcast will be about.
– How often we will podcast.
– General show format: Catching up, Topic of the show, Where to next.
– Disclaimers on status in the “business”
3) Host Introductions: Who we are.
4) Discussion Topic(s)
– 2017 CARS Tour Schedule
– Short Track Nationals
– Snowball Derby
5) Where to next:
– How to reach out to us
+ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Next Episode Topic: NASCAR Touring Series Schedules