Children 12 And Under Will Be Admitted Free At South Boston Speedway
SOUTH BOSTON, VA – In a move toward attracting more young people to racing, South Boston Speedway announced today a restructuring of youth ticket prices for the 2018 season.
Beginning with the season-opening Danville Toyota Twin 100s on March 24, children 12 and under will be admitted free to all South Boston Speedway events. Youngsters must be accompanied by a paying adult.
“Everyone in racing needs to do everything we can do to get more young people involved in our sport,” said South Boston Speedway General Manager Cathy Rice. “This is a way for us to make race night more affordable for parents. With our new pricing, a night of racing at South Boston Speedway will be one of the most affordable nights of family entertainment anywhere in the area.”
In the past, children six and under were admitted free while admission for children 7-12 was $5.
With a new playground unveiled last year, Rice said youngsters have something to keep them busy if they need a break from the racing action.
“We know that sometimes children have short attention spans. That’s the reason we built the new playground. Now if they get tired of watching the race, they can head over to the playground and have fun playing,” said Rice.
Racing returns to South Boston Speedway on March 24 with the Danville Toyota NASCAR Whelen Late Model Twin 100s featuring twin 100-lap races for Late Models, a 50-lap race for the Limited Sportsman Division, a 30-lap race for the Budweiser Pure Stocks and a 15-lap race for the Budweiser Hornets.