Ep. 03 – NASCAR Changes Race Format: Bang or Bust?
Email the show with your thoughts on the new format changes coming to NASCAR at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter (@shorttrackrpt) leave us a message there!
Intro: 2017 iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona
NASCAR Makes Huge Changes to Raceday Format
· Races will now consist of three stages, with championship implications in each stage.
· The top-10 finishers of the first two stages will be awarded additional championship points.
· The winner of the first two stages of each race will receive one playoff point, and the race winner will receive five playoff points. Each playoff point will be added to his or her reset total following race No. 26, if that competitor makes the playoffs.
· All playoff points will carry through to the end of the third round of the playoffs (Round of 8), with the Championship 4 racing straight-up at Homestead-Miami Speedway for the title.
· Championship points following the first two stages will be awarded on a descending scale, with the stage winner receiving 10 points, second receiving 9 points, and so on.
· The race winner following the final stage will now receive 40 points, second-place will receive 35, third-place 34, fourth-place 33, and so on.
Coming up: We talk with Chris Ragle from the CARS Tour. Spotter Anthony Warren as well as a few drivers from the Ice Breaker at Myrtle Beach.